Registration is open!
The IFEAT 2022 Study Tour to South Africa
The tour cost includes:
Eight nights’ hotel accommodation in excellent quality hotels; all programme meals and receptions, transportation (including internal flights), and tour guides.
It does not include flights to the destination – please note that the tour will begin in Cape Town and end in Richards Bay, Durban or Johannesburg so please bear this in mind when booking your flight to attend the Study Tour.
Since 2005 IFEAT Study Tours have provided some unique educational and cultural experiences in the world of natural essential oils. Travelling with industry colleagues from many countries, all eager to learn and exchange detailed knowledge about the fascinating world of fragrance, flavour and related ingredients, has provided lasting memories for the hundreds of IFEAT Members that have participated on previous Tours.
Study Tour Objectives
The South African Study Tour 2022 (SAST) has several objectives:
- To view the field cropping, both traditional and organic, of various essential oil crops
- To view traditional field distilleries and modern distillation and refining plants
- To meet producers and exporters
- To meet up with other F&F industry people from a variety of countries – on recent IFEAT Study Tours there have been participants from over 20 countries combining a wealth of knowledge in the sector
- Participants will learn about South Africa’s rich history and heritage and view some of its magnificent scenery
- Finally: the aim is to achieve these objectives in just over a week out of the office
South Africa is an increasingly important global supplier of essential oils, and the region is a significant producer of lesser-known indigenous essential oils and botanicals, which are making their way into new cosmetic and cosmeceutical formulations. November, which is towards the end of spring in South Africa, is an ideal time to see the growing and processing of a wide range of essential oil crops. While travelling around this beautiful country, delegates will be able to see diverse environments, alongside magnificent scenery and a rich heritage of traditional music, dance, crafts, costumes, and cuisines.